what we do
We hope that ,through the following processes, we can, in the long-term alleviate poverty in the area. In the mid-term , reduce the rate of gender inequality by ensuring the full participation of women in such projects, and in the short-term , provide quality ingredients that will create immediate income for the women amongst other goals.
We hope to achieve this aim by focusing on the following areas:
- Health and hygiene training
- Business (Co-operative) Development
- Supply of warehouses for shea nut aggregation and storage
- Providing safety equipment
- Market linkage for nuts and raw butter/oils
- Provision of clean and safe community water systems and supply of other social amenities.
- Implementation of training and capacity building in the following areas:
- Processing beyond shea – new products such as Baobab and Soap Making
- Parkland preservation
Join us as we empower the women of the Savannah Region